We are happy to get together again for our first in-person meeting following the pandemic break. The Economy of Communion (EoC) is excited to be partnering with the Focolare Forum for Dialogue and Culture in organizing “A Hearth for the Human Family: Re-Imagining Dialogue in a Polarized World”.
Emerging from the COVID-19 pandemic, our world is marked by increasing social, economic, political, ethnic and religious divisions. Is it still possible to imagine paths for coming together even across profound differences? The EoC – together with the Focolare Movement and many other friends and partners – aims to rise to the challenge of re-imagining how to foster a spirit of mutual understanding, community, and commitment to justice, even amidst the tensions of our time.
Join us for an interactive event that lifts up examples of these efforts in a variety of cultural, professional, social and religious settings.
- The EoC will animate two workshops on:
- Business as a Place of Encounter and Dialogue
- Re-thinking our Approach to Poverty
- In addition, EOC entrepreneur John Mundell, recently nominated Director of the Laudato Si Action platform, will co-lead a session on Political Debate vs. Values-based Dialogue: Towards a More Holistic View of the Environment
- We will also be holding meetings with existing and new participants in the EoC to share each other experiences, update one another on recent initiatives, and discuss possible future developments
The event is open to all. Consider inviting your friends and colleagues that share your passion for building a more fraternal world and for helping the poor – which is the EoC’s central mission – and who might be looking for new ways to make a difference in their communities and become more effective actors of dialogue and social development.
Space is limited, so register at your earliest convenience to secure your spot at the Forum.
We’re very much looking forward to meeting many of you in San Antonio,
(EoC Commission Members)